Sunday, August 4, 2013

...And the journey continues


 Salt Lake City, Utah. I've actually never been here before, I always drove around it but, here we are, at a comfy hotel resting for the night. We will get home to Oregon tomorrow evening!!! 
We left Grand Island, Nebraska this morning around 11:00am and got here at about 10:00pm so, in short, a lot of driving, lol. But it was worth it, again, SUCH a fun day with my boys :)

The route we are taking is Interstate 80 pretty much the whole way through, and while we were passing through Laramie, WY a tornado/severe thunderstorm warning happened. I wasn't a fan of that. As cool as it would have been to be able to snap a picture of a far, far, VERY far away tornado, and not get hurt by it...Needless to say it felt like we were going mach 10 to get away from there. 

It's been such a joy, as you know, bringing our kitty Navi' on this trip. We've met so many interesting people who have stopped and commented on our "beautiful cat" and saying things like, "oh, look at that face! And those eyes!" Little kids coming up to pet him...you'd think we were traveling with an aardvark or something with how surprised people were to see a cat traveling.

 

I want to leave some random thoughts I have about each state we've passed through so far...

1. North Carolina ~ Well, we live there, so...I guess I should like it? Lol, I do...I'm just ready to move along. The beaches are amazing, that's about it (no offense to anyone who does like it)

2. Tennessee ~ Ever since I traveled through it the first time, as much as I thought I'd love it, I don't, EVERY time I've driven through it, it's rained and stormed and I do NOT like driving through that kind of weather. But, on a positive note, this time, it was great weather :)

3. Missouri ~ Gorgeous, bugs and best of all, my aunt Vonnie and her family :)

4. Iowa ~ Missing the sign as we passed by it then we were suddenly in Nebraska

5. Nebraska ~ CORN

6. Colorado ~ I've ALWAYS loved Colorado but this time, unfortunately, I was sleeping through the whole state today.

7. Wyoming ~ Storm warnings today :( flat, brown, high rock formations and blank




Tomorrow we will leave Salt Lake City and head through Nevada then up to Oregon! 
I seriously can't wait to hug my dad, and mom, and their pets....have our wedding, reminisce, hopefully some healing in certain friendships, eat at our favorite places, watch old home movies....yea, there's A LOT. I'm sure you get the point ;)

"Your wings already exist. All you have to do is FLY."


 You can view our most recent pictures here:

 https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.365163406944399.1073741837.100003522271099&type=1&l=ae0aee4ff8



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment